Friday, April 25, 2008

2 weeks

It has been 2 weeks since I decided to ditch the truck and attempt to ride to work everyday. Its not the nicest ride in the world but its relatively flat and I get to work in almost the same length of time it would take me to drive.

I can't stress how amazing it is to feel so free from the constraints of urban development. STOP! GO! SLOWDOWN! Fraser highway has been under construction for the last few weeks due to lane widening. @ 8:00am there is a line of 100 cars stopped waiting for their turn to drive another 20 ft only to wait another 2 minutes to do it all over again x 4. They look at me in envy as I skillfully weave amongst their hunks of convenience like i was Hermann Maier and they were all but gates on a giant ski hill. OK that's an exaggeration but I do feel the uncomfortable tension when I pass by and I must say "It feels good!" You never know maybe I might motivate someone to try it themselves.

Anyways, inspired by Cyclist Extraordinaries: Nicole and Lenny I decided to throw up my daily route and some of the other adventures I have accomplished since 1 month ago. Thanks to Lenny for the handy tool.


North RD and Lougheed to Fleetwood 14k total complete route



16k 1 way



Ocean Park to Crescent Beach 15k complete route






Online Pedometer

1 comment:

lentron4000 said...

nice work matt! you'll be rockin full spandex in no time.